Mechanical Project Manager
My Client have a requirement for an experienced Mechanical Project Manager. You will take contractual and financial responsibility alongside other Project Managers from contract award to end of defects liability. The Mechanical Project Team generally work on projects with a value up to £3 million, they are looking for a Mechanical Project Manager who is capable of ensuring the projects run smoothly, within budget and to deadline. You`ll produce robust project plans, supervise installation teams and subcontractors on-site, manage health and safety procedures and guarantee client satisfaction every time.
The Mechanical Project Manager
As a Mechanical Project Manager some of your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Attend, where requested, pre-order tender meetings with the Estimating Department and client professional team.
- Attend handover, pre-contract meetings and receive all project information from Estimating Department.
- Assume responsibility for project from contract award onwards.
- Produce a materials, subcontractor, installation, procurement and drawing programme to accord with installation and specification requirements under the direction of Manager.
- Liaise with the Contracts Estimator on distribution/material scheduling, phasing and programming requirements. Ensure orders are placed to meet on-site installation requirements, including chairing interviews, technical appraisal reviews and cost negotiations, works tests, factory tests, etc.
- Check and ensure all major suppliers, manufacturers and subcontractors comply with contract drawings and specifications, action order placement and check acknowledgements within set budgets. Report any losses/gains.
- Produce information required schedules of technical or contractual issues for clarification from client or professional team.
- Attend all contract site meetings including preparation of reports required by client and professional team. Respond to all correspondence/communications in writing recording key aspects.
- Preparation of monthly valuations of work done to set valuation dates, ensuring the Company maintains a positive cash flow wherever possible.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager on payment of applications and discuss any shortfalls. Address reasons why.
- Assist the Contracts Manager in the preparation and issue of Financial Progress Reports tiFPR) by providing a written report on material variances and final cost forecasts for both labour and materials.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and fully implemented at site level and take appropriate action where individuals do not comply with the company`s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Organise the testing and commissioning of installation, together with the completion of the commissioning manual, prior to handover, either using the clients` resources or specialist contractors, including demonstration to client.
In order to be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- An overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of Mechanical systems and their installation methods.
- The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
- Good people management and motivational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised but also to be an active team member.
- A pro-active approach to problem solving.
- A good knowledge of all aspects of health and safety within the industry and the ability to implement control measures at site level.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a client facing environment
- You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Strong attention to detail will also be required. The role comes with an exciting package which can be discussed at application stage.
What the Company can offer You
A salary of £45,000 – £55,000
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced and very established Building Services contractor.
So if this sounds like something you would like to know more about please send your CV to () and call on 01252 413080
- Kent (Kent, England)
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs