A civil and structural engineering consultancy based in Henley-on-Thames are seeking an ambitious and driven person to join the practice as a Utilities Co-ordinator within their civil engineering team. A key service provided by the team is the provision of advice and support in connection with utilities in terms of how they may affect a site and how development can be serviced. The Utilities Co-ordinator would be responsible for the co-ordinating, managing and overseeing the procurement of records, capacity checks and quotations for new services supplies / diversions on a wide variety of projects and would report to an overseeing engineer. The role is primarily administrative in nature but the ideal candidate should have previously worked within the construction industry and any previous experience working with utility companies would be advantageous.
– Overseeing all utility correspondence and liaison
– Obtaining records from utility companies.
– Establishing constraints where development is found to be in close proximity to existing services.
– Obtaining quotes for utility connections, disconnections and diversions.
– Obtaining capacity checks and impact studies for water and sewerage services.
– Carrying out consultations with other regulatory bodies who may be affected by a development.
– Registering postal addresses, MPAN’s and MPRN’s
– Co-ordinating enquiries on a number of projects, keeping an up to date database for each project ensuring information is received in a timely manner.
– Critical analysis of utility proposals / feedback reporting finding any issues to the overseeing engineer.
– Maintaining an up to date database of utility company contact details and build on existing relationships.
– Where needed liaise with third parties and other members of the design team including Architects / M&E Engineer / Clients to resolve issues.
– General administration, eg.: filing, faxing, scanning and data input.
– Assisting with invoicing and payments when needed.
– Supporting the effective delivery of utility works through regular consultation, when necessary assisting with the resolution of on-site issues
– Preparing and providing regular updates on live projects with informative reporting.
– Continual management and maintenance of relationships with clients and other members of the design team.
– Overseeing supporting staff and growth / development of the team, including training team members.
Key Skills & Experiences
– Attention to detail and an ability to report critically and analytically.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Living within commutable distance of Henley on Thames.
– Proficient with the use of general MS software (windows, excel, word, outlook, etc.).
– A willingness and aptitude to learn new skills.
– Exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage own workload.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Positive and enthusiastic approach
– Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
– Preferably Degree qualified.
– Previous experience within a construction / consultancy environment in an administrative role.
– Previous experience of working with utility companies and knowledge of the processes involved in utilities connections.