1st Line Technical Support – Alton, Hampshire – Up to £24,000 + Benefits
Fantastic opportunity to join an organisaiton who partners with market leading organisations within the Cyber Security arena.
Join their Technical Academy to progress your career, designed to provide technical engineers an amazing environment to thrive and reach their potentials. With a supportive management structure and career progression opportunities you have the ability to take your career in the direction you want to take it.
As a 1st Line Technical Support Engineer you will be expected to appropriately identify when cases are required to be escalated.
- Respond to telephone or email problems logged by their clients
- Work technical problems/cases related to certified security products to resolution, or escalate to 2nd Line Engineers as appropriate
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure clients receive the best customer service and resolution to their technical problems/cases
- Create client technical environments in their lab and re-create problems where appropriate
- Input and manage documentation in our CRM (customer relationship management) system in a clear and concise way
- Managing RMA (return merchandise authorisation) replacements to achieve SLAs (service level agreements)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree educated, or similar, in a computing-related university course or some employment in a technical support role
- CCNA certification is desirable
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate well with customers
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good team working is essential
- Ability to balance a busy workload in a lively environment
- Interest in continuous learning in technical support and products is essential
- Become certified and maintain certification on our security products (will receive training on two initially) which are likely to be firewall and wireless or SIEM (security information and event management) through our in-house training courses and self learning