Structures Design Manager (Permanent)
£50,000 to £55,000
Structures Design Manager
Our client who is a major International Engineering and Construction company are looking to employ a capable and knowledgeable Design Manager to work on a major new build project in Hampshire worth £1b+ in construction value.
The project will involve the demolition of numerous structures along with the design and rebuild for residential structures and living accommodation.
The successful Design Manager will be reporting to the Pre-Construction Director where the purpose of the role is to lead and manage (where applicable) the design team and the development of the detail design, in accordance with programme requirements and project commercial objectives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that all work carried out by the design team is in accordance with the necssary Management Systems
- Manage the production of a comprehensive suite of documents from Scheme Design Report(SDR) to construction issue
- To accept the SDR from the FDM and continue coordination of Authority and 3rd party requirements as directed by the FDM
- Ensure that designs including trade contractor designs and shop drawings are checked for conformity with the specification and contract
- Support the Planning Supervisor to ensure that design risk assessments are undertaken;
- Ensure that design programmes are maintained including a Schedule of Design Deliverables
- Monitor and report progress to the Project Director at regular interval
- Attend kick off meetings, progress and design co-ordination meetings at regular interval;
- Attend the Inter discipline Coordination (IDC) meetings
- Arrange, chair and minute the design to procurement hand over meetings
- Check compatibility of designed tolerances
- Visit and interface with the site based design co-ordinators to resolve ADCW site team design querie
- Support the procurement department in the review of production of tenders in regard to design development and management
Key Performance Indicators
- Adhere to internal / external timetables
- Monitor the accuracy of information produced
- Focussed on delivering to time
- Reliability with flexible approach is essential
- Conscientious and thorough
- Meet company and client objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- It is essential the candidate has design management experience working on large projects.
- Exposure to the PFI/PPP and two stage tendering is essential.
- A Professional Qualification in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Project Management
- HNC/HND in Building, Engineering or Architecture
On offer is a salary of between £50,000 to £55,000. Benefits include Private Healthcare, Pension up to 8%, 25 days holiday.