A unique opportunity has arisen for a Lead Site Structural Engineer on the Riyadh Metro project in Saudi Arabia. This role is expected to have a duration of approximately 12 months and will commence as soon as possible. The Lead Site Structural Engineer is a critical role in realising two of the world’s most iconic metro station designs (KAFD & Olaya). As the Lead Site Structural Engineer, you will be working for a top tier multidisciplinary engineering consultants on two of the most architecturally striking metro stations on the new Riyadh Mass Transit line.
As the largest mass transit system ever constructed from scratch, this is a truly pioneering infrastructure project which will confer huge economic and social benefit to Riyadh, a city with predicted population growth of 50% by 2035. These iconic stations thus constitute a fitting embodiment of the project’s ambition.
About the role…
As the Lead Site Structural Engineer, you will provide Technical Guidance and Reviews to the Contractor during the construction of the KAFD and Olaya Metro station. In addition, you will act as the key liaison between the consultant, the client and the various project teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Advise on all technical aspects of the building structure that may affect construction progress and quality.
- Technical support and review of the sub-contractor’s coordinated shop drawings against the Issued For Construction Drawings for compliance with the design intent.
- Technical support and review of contractor(s) and/or subcontractor calculations for permanent works elements and connections required to be submitted by the design specifications.
- Technical support and review of sub-contractor’s structural / civil shop drawings in conjunction with the building services engineers to assist in engineering co-ordination and advise accordingly
- Technical support and review of sub-contractor’s construction method statement for new permanent works or remedial works.
- Technical support and review of sub-contractor’s structural / civil materials proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise on the appropriateness of the proposals
- Attend weekly project meetings related to structural / civil technical items
More about you…
As an experience site structural engineer, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate…
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree holder with a minimum of 10+ year’s experience;
- Professionally registered with a relevant institution – e.g. ICE or IStructE
- Demonstrable experience of delivering complex site projects for an international engineering consultancy
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently and collaborating closely with an office based engineering design team.
- Experience leading a team of site staff.
- You will need to have strong leadership and client facing skills.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- Experience working on complex international site based building projects in the Middle East or another international location including design office experience
What’s in it for you…
- Playing a critical role in realising two of the world’s most iconic metro station designs;
- Collaborate with a global design team of talented and diverse engineering professionals
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including accommodation, transport, flight allowance, health care etc.
Contact James Mowat from Energi People for a confidential conversation and to apply
- Riyadh (, Saudi Arabia)
- chartered Structural Structures - Associate Structures - Resident Engineer Structures - Structural Engineer
Important Job Skills
- £115000 - £130000 per annum + tax free + benefits
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Structural Engineer Jobs