My Client is a leading independent mechanical and electrical engineering provider, offering detailed designs, project management, off site modular manufacturing and post construction customer care, including facilities services and maintenance. They are the leaders in our industry and the experts of our profession.
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Project Manager
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
Working closely with the Operations Manager, have responsibility for the profitable management and delivery of projects to customer satisfaction by delivering on time, to budget and meet both quality and safety standards.
Financial / Commercial:
- Deliver a Project Management role as required.
- Deliver the cash and profit expectations of the project(s) under their management
- Keeping the Operations Manager fully aware of the project progress and ensuring immediate notification of any delays, adverse trends or problems needing senior management response
- Attend monthly contract review meetings and issue notes
- Maintaining accurate records of communication and job progress
- Monitoring the nature and volume of any defects reported and ensure all justifiable complaints are speedily responded to and resolved
- Organising and conducting pre-construction planning and programming activities and construction techniques that improve productivity
- Agreeing Company’s programme with the Main Contractor
- Ensuring prompt preparation, submission and agreement of the final account in conjunction with Project Surveyor
- Produce the CRS report in conjunction with the Project Surveyor
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Project Surveyor, ensuring all commercial aspects are jointly received and acted upon
- Analysing all possible opportunities to improve purchasing arrangement to effect contract savings
- Monitoring and controlling the level of additional variation work, ensuring prompt submission of associated estimates, receipt of instructions and that the work is properly controlled, recorded and paid for, including the appropriate contribution to overhead and profit
- Ensuring Project and Site Teams are adequate and suitably qualified to undertake their duties including all Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure Project and site teams are fully aware of and clearly understand contracted commitments and entitlements and that each member understands their range of duties and responsibilities and the results required of them
- Motivating and managing the Project and Site Teams to ensure a high level of performance in delivery and H & S.
- Monitoring site conditions and inter-company/personnel relationships to ensure contract performances are not adversely affected through poor relationships or working conditions
- Maintain a close and professional working relationship with client’s/contractor’s representatives
- Keep the clients regularly informed and ensure client expectations are managed
- Ensuring the contract hand-over phase is adequately conducted, in accordance with the Company and/or client procedure
Technical skills and Knowledge:
- A proficient knowledge of health & safety and Environmental legislation
- Essential to have project management experience in multi-discipline contracts and be capable of managing the data flow process
- Will have managed relevant health & safety courses
- Wide site management experience
- Have appropriate building service industry experience
- Knowledge of construction contracts and procedures
- Possess a relevant Project Management qualification or have similar experience
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings
- Good negotiation skills
- IT skills
Package: Salary up to £55/65K depending on experience Office overall profit related bonus scheme Good car allowance – circa 6.5k pa Good pension Health care Phone, laptop etc