Main Purpose of the Job:
A global consultancy, that have been providing expertise for over 55 years, has an immediate need for a BIM Coordinator to join their busy CAD Department and support the implementation of BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work. This exciting role will involve working for a range of building and Infrastructure clients on a diverse base of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Reporting to the BIM Manager you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
* Responsible for BIM Standards development, implementation and enforcement
* Create and maintain the BIM software Template files to assure Standards
* Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and work flow processes
* Train and support others in BIM software and standards
* Attend BIM kick-off meetings
* Lead BIM review/coordination meetings
* Prepare detailed working drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
* Deliver technically correct outputs using CAD/BIM.
* Have a good understanding of all relevant Industry Standards and Codes of Practices
* Be able to work to specific client drawing standards.
* Have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
* Manage own time in order to deliver to programme.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Liaise with project teams to ensure continuity of workload and robust coordination.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to take on responsibility.
* Other duties as required by the BIM Leader.
* Ideally HNC or higher qualified in Civil/Building or relevant
* Ideally with TechEng professional qualification or similar
* HND / BSc / BEng / MEng in Civil/structural Engineering or relevant experience
* Membership of a professional Institute
* Building/Civil sector experience
* 5 years + experience in design and drafting (2D & 3D)
* A proven track record in successfully developing and leading high performing teams
* High level of competency of BIM software through continued use and training
* Develop and implement the project BIM Execution Plan
* Ability to develop BIM Standards relevant to Building & Civil sectors
* Ability to quality control and audit others work
* Help resolve BIM related design issues
* Day-to-day Trouble shooting * Acting as BIM coordinator in multi-discipline environments
* Produce MDM for clash resolution
* Ability to conduct internal training and mentoring of staff
* Oversee the day-to day activities of BIM modelling to ensure standards are maintained
* Creation and maintenance of BIM software templates
* Experience in setting up of BIM projects
* Good knowledge in 3D modelling tools applicable to chosen discipline
* Understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc etc.)
* Handling information flows between different software in a project, i.e. communication between software
To find out more about this role please get in contact with Neil Tilley on 01252 413080.
- City of London (London, England)
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Job Expired