A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Associate Mechanical Engineer to join my clients vibrant and growing building services team in Berlin. Assuming the role of Mechanical Team Leader, you will play a critical role in enabling the group to deliver high profile projects such as Uberseequartier in Hamburg, a €600 million mixed-used development.
This client-facing, leadership role will see you technically and creatively challenged on some of Europe’s most interesting mixed-use developments currently under construction. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
What design work will I be doing?
- Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in ventilation.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will I do?
- Design coordination of HVAC services with other disciplines and external parties.
- Lead and mentor a team of mechanical engineers.
- Direct liaison with client and project managers.
- Manage project finances, monitor scope, ensure quality and manage deliverables.
- Plan, organise and manage workload to ensure that you are meeting client’s expectations.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Good English and German skills.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and similar software skills.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
This fantastic career opportunity would suit a candidate already based in Berlin, or keen to relocate.
Competitive salary + 28 days annual leave + public holidays.
Please contact James Mowat at Energi People ASAP for a confidential discussion and to apply