An interesting role for a skilled Mechanical Engineer within my client’s busy Berlin team. The role will offer the opportunity for you to take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects led by the Berlin office.
Berlin – a city renowned for innovation, creativity and diversity is a natural home for my client’s distinctive approach to engineering. With projects ranging from the Zalando Headquarters to The Berlin State Opera House, their team in Germany’s exciting capital bring forward a design process offering a truly holistic approach to problem solving and delivering ever more sophisticated solutions for the built environment as a result.
About the role
Working as part of my client’s dynamic, diverse building services team, this role will see you technically and creatively challenged on some of the most challenging developments in Germany. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
- Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and calculations (using both software and knowledge to verify robust calculations).
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard – within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, set out time frames for deliverables, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work under guidance of more senior staff
- Represent the company at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
- Manage workload of Technicians (including verification of quality) and support less experienced engineers to achieve excellent standards
As an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, it is expected that you would be able to demonstrate:
- Evident experience in a consulting engineering environment working across a broad range of projects
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate internally and externally with clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, ideally teamed with familiarity with Revit experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for engineering and the built environment
- Ideally educated to Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
This fantastic career opportunity would suit a candidate already based in Berlin, or keen to relocate.
Competitive salary + 28 days annual leave + public holidays.
Please contact James Mowat at Energi People ASAP for a confidential discussion and to apply