Technically gifted Mechanical Associate Director / Director required from an MEP Building Services Design background to join a global multi-disciplinary consultancy in Doha, Qatar. This role will see you working on a number of very prestigious projects including malls, high rise, residential, commercial rail and retail. The Mechanical Associate Director role is a critical role for the business and will see you challenged but very rewarded working on innovative designs on very complex MEP Design projects within Doha.
I have recruited for this excellent organisation for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
What does success look like in this role?
- Technically sound work consistently design and delivered to the client brief
- Effective management of people, finance, business development and project responsibilities (including QA).
- Primary responsibility for the financial management of projects (including resource allocation and management of WIP, invoicing & debtors), to ensure delivery in accordance with fee agreements
- Key point of contact for clients on projects. Significant responsibility for managing the client relationship
- Line management responsibility for an identified group of staff
- Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
- Prepare fee proposal documents and fee calculations, for sign-off by a Partner
- Establish design concepts to ensure that designs are appropriate, deliverable and consistent with the client’s brief
- Monitor and manage (human) resourcing requirements for projects
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, to ensure that all designs are technically sound and meet the client’s brief
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice
- Manage and control financial aspects of projects, co-ordinating input from other disciplines, and ensure that invoicing is carried out in accordance with agreed schedules
- Follow project management and QA procedures, and ensure that direct reports do so
- Lead / participate in regular team meetings to ensure that direct reports and/or project team members are informed of key deliverables, deadlines, progress, issues & changes
- Participate in induction arrangements for direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate training and support is provided
- Conduct effective and timely performance appraisals with direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate objectives and development needs are identified and recorded
- Monitor direct reports’ progress and development throughout the year, providing regular, focused performance feedback, and ongoing support and guidance as required
- Develop and maintain technical standards, knowledge and expertise in support of the pursuit of “technical excellence”
- Participate in marketing and business development activities, attending meetings and events, and contributing to the development of team/discipline/sector marketing plans
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective clients, maintaining regular and effective contact, and appropriate records
- Assist with Graduate recruitment as required (for instance by participating in careers events, assessment centres, work experience programmes etc.)
To apply for this superb opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People, by sending your full CV and contact details for a confidential discussion.
The first stage will be a telephone/Skype call, followed by a face to face interview with the partners/directors of the business.