IT Project Manager (Software) – £45,000 per annum – Southampton
Our client , a lead in their industry for more than 35 years, are looking for an IT Project Manager with proven experience of delivering Software Development projects to join their HQ in Southampton. As the IT Project Manager you will bring your expertise to assist in delivering full project lifecycle, delivering customer facing projects and managing either one large or several smaller projects at any one time.
- To scope and create detailed project plans ensuring they are resourced, monitored and
controlled throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Ensure cross-team co-ordination between Business Analysts, Technical Designers,
- Developers and QA Engineers. Fostering better communication between all disciplines.
- Take responsibility for managing cross project dependencies and conflicts
- Manage the co-ordination of estimates, project timelines and budgets.
- Conduct occasional visits to client locations in the UK or Globally as necessary, to support liaison and stakeholder management.
- Working with the Head of Projects to ensure standardisation of project delivery processesare defined and adhered to for the full project life cycle across all teams.
- Project evaluations in conjunction with clients to identify learnings to contribute to the wideongoing process of continuous improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned andunplanned projects, large and small changes, absorbing complex technical and logisticalissues and rapidly defining and implementing resolution plans.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in carrying out a Project Managers role within a software development environment.
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of major development projects from initiation to completion.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven experience in communicating directlywith customers, suppliers and stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic vision, and logical approach to problem solving, coupledwith a strong oral and written communication skills.
- A flexible, task orientated positive and pragmatic approach to managing projects.
- Be able to refine approach and focus as business requirements dictate
- Demonstrate a high level of Customer Facing disciplines and project successes.
- Operational experience in a development environment.
- Experiences of performing within an Agile framework.
- Understanding of Retail and Loyalty & Payment Solutions.
- Experience with the use of CA Rally
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or with equivalent experiences
- Accredited project management qualification(s) in a relevant methodology (e.g. SCRUM
(Agile), PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Southampton (Hampshire, England)
- Up to £45000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- IT Project Manager Jobs