Microsoft Solution Specialist – Plymouth – up to £40,000 per annum plus benefits
An exciting opportunity has become available with one of our key IT Service providers based in Plymouth for an experienced Microsoft Solution Specialist to join their technical team.
As the Microsoft Solution Specialist you will provide specialist technical advice, specifically having key experience with Office365, and contribute to the day to day IT Service delivery.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing Server related issues
- Expanding the Server Infrastructure and where applicable re-configuring server equipment based on provided specification
- Deliver IT services in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with IT strategy, architecture, best practice and industry standards.
- Work with colleagues and customers to ensure compliant services are delivered.
- Follow policies, plans and strategies relating to ITIL Incident, problem, change, capacity and availability.
- To lead and mentor staff to increase their working knowledge.
- To carry out proactive monitoring of IT services and infrastructure.
- Support the production of corporate business cases, providing estimates for internal/external delivery of IT solutions.
- Carry out risk assessments as part of change management including assessing, implementing and testing changes.
- Work to reduce risk of service failure and lead on service restoration activities.
- Liaise with customers to ensure system maintenance will be prioritised to have the least impact.
Core Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Office 365 integration, deployment and Administration
- Microsoft System Centre Suite
- Virtual Machines Manager
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- ADFS, Azure SSO, DHCP, DNS
- Routing / switching / IP Addressing
- DNS / DHCP
- Power shell / Scripting
- Microsoft Exchange Online Administration
- Microsoft Exchange Online Hybrid Migrations (for Enterprise organisations)
- Data Storage and Backup solutions
- VMware virtualisation.
- Plymouth (Devon, England)
- £38000 - £40000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Technical Support Engineer Jobs