The MEP Director is responsible for leading and managing the Mechanical and Electrical (MEP) engineering department to ensure all projects translate successfully from design into construction documents that adhere to budgetary constraints and project time lines while managing resources efficiently. The MEP Director provides project and departmental strategy and vision while evaluating processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to increase efficiencies and productivity.
Project skills specifically related to high rise residential/hotel commercial buildings, retail malls, etc in the UAE/Middle East and Far East.
Proven ability to lead a team of MEP engineers in a multidisciplinary environment.
Must possess good leadership and written and verbal communication skills.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgement in order to organise and prioritise tasks, workload and projects. Professionalism, courtesy and tact are required in dealing with colleagues and clients in working relationships.
- Manages a team of MEP engineers by focusing on achievement of objectives.
- Provides technical information to fellow colleagues in a clear and understandable manner.
- Requires specialised interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Design proficiencies in HVAC, plumbing, drainage, fire protection, smoke control and Building Automation systems.
- Utilises decision making skills to achieve specific organisational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and prioritise work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Advanced computer skills to produce effective drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations. Advanced working knowledge of Auto CAD, Microsoft Office, BIM, PowerPoint and other relevant office software. Engineering Programs – HAP, DIAlux, LifeCycle Analysis, etc.
- Business acumen – advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical system analysis, and technical familiarity with calculation software and design methodologies, codes and standards.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Technical specifications writing.
- Experience with design of electrical power and lighting calculations, electrical system’s design, medium and low voltage systems, fire alarm, voice notification, lightning protection, emergency lighting, IT infrastructure and security systems.
- Proficiencies in local and international codes.
- Knowledge of local regulations (DEWA, DM, ADDC, Dubai Civil Defence) is an asset.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Building Services Engineering, from a recognised university
- Greater than 15 years of MEP design, engineering experience and with past track record of delivering large projects from inception to completion in both conventional and fast track projects.
Certificates, Licenses or Registration:
- Professional Engineering License is mandatory (i.e. P.E., P. Eng., and C.Eng. (UK)
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- £120000 - £130000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Construction Jobs