Contract Civil Engineer
£30 – £38 ph
This is a Contract position within my clients Civil Engineering team.
The successful Contract Civil Engineer will be part of a highly motivated and committed team who concentrate of the delivery of successful projects for their clients.
The Contract Civil engineer will have 5+ years experience and will have worked on the road and drainage design.
The Contract Civil Engineer will be in charge of:
· Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
· Design of roads, drainage
· Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments
Relevant skills & experience
· Minimum qualification – degree in Civil Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
· Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
· Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
· Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
· Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
· An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
· An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
· Good commercial awareness
· An ability to work well with others as part of a team
A Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
· Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
· Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services