Security Engineer – Didcot – Up to £450 per day – 12 month Contract – Inside IR35- Security Clearance: BPSS and DS
A fantastic opportunity available for a driven and experienced Security Engineer to join a fantastic team based in Didcot. Our client is working on behalf of the UKSBS searching for a Security Engineer to work within their large multidisciplinary agile team, supporting and continuously improving products of significant scale and complexity.
We’re looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills who like working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multidisciplinary teams. You will be capable of contributing to the success of the team through experience of some or all of the following components.
- To own the development of DAFNI security service which will provide authentication, authorisation
- Manage all access control aspects of DAFNI components including data, software, computational resources and their interactions with external third-party services;
- To develop technical documentation, dissemination materials;
- Recommend technical approaches to maintaining security across all elements of the platform and services.
- Support monitoring and analysis of the system for security purposes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of secure database creation and management
- Experience with a variety of data storage technologies including relational databases, NoSQL DBs and Object Stores
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Compute.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Production experience and knowledge of access control, permission management for database applications, Linux operating systems, and batch processing systems
- Experience of major security frameworks such as Kerberos, LDAP and OAuth2
- Experience of creating secure applications and securing systems functionality.
- Experience in a variety of modern programming languages and proven experience at developing at an enterprise level, e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala.
- Didcot (Oxfordshire, England)
- Up to £450 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 12 Months
Contract Job Duration
- IT Security Manager Jobs