£30,000 to £35,000
Our client who is a major Government backed construction firm are looking to recruit as Assistant Planner for a major construction project in North Hampshire. The project is to provide construction support and planning assistance on a major redevelopment of MOD living accommodation and quarters.
Purpose of the role:
- Reporting directly to the Senior Planner, the Planning & Scheduling Engineer is in charge of, and responsible for, part of the overall Pre-Construction programme. He / she will develop and maintain the programme for the scope of work for which he / she is responsible
- Observe and promote Health and Safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain the Procurement Tender programmes with input from the Procurement / Construction project team and support from the customer’s site team.
- Provide Planning support to Tender evaluations
- Provide Planning support to the Pre-construction Design planner
- Provide Planning support to Transition Programme Planner
- Update and report on Trade Package procurement programme.
- Attend site regularly, assist site Project Planners and report on progress.
- Develop other programme updates and studies as required.
- Use Primavera P6 for the Master Project Schedule for various detailed schedules as needed to support the Engineering group and Project needs.
- Organize internal meetings with the relevant project members to update the programmes
- Update the programme with actual progress and design sequence development for both the Customer Trade and Lump sum Contractors and third party activities.
- Analyse the activities, durations, links, and critical path; inform the Project Managers when variations or delays from the plan are detected; forecast completion dates; and recommend recovery plans to mitigate delays.
- Manage interfaces with other programmes, such as Site Works, Utility works, Procurement, Commissioning, contractors, and the Client, to identify and manage upstream and downstream impacts and relationships.
- Prepare and issue formal weekly and monthly updates/reports and ad-hoc studies, analysis, and reports.
- Monitor work and update plans and schedules with actual physical progress
- Incorporate changes into plans
- Identify variances, and potential variances, from baseline plans and discuss with project manager potential corrective action required to ensure schedule compliance
- Manage personally controlled project documentation in an orderly manner
- Prepare option studies and develop new works proposals in consultation with the PMs and Pre-construction Director.
- Assimilate information and summarising it in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others
Skills and Experience
- Experience of a range of engineering, procurement and construction
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in large multi-year projects
- Excellent knowledge of Primavera P6, including resource allocation and standard scheduling techniques.
- Excellent / Good knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Project.
- Experience of Time Schedule Management
- Design, Procurement, Construction and/or commissioning scheduling experience
- Excellent project control
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency with excellent communication skills
- Logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion
- Valid driver’s license
- Planning, leading, organising and controlling skills
- Team Player
- Relevant post qualification experience
This role will be taken quickly so please apply today.
Construction, Planning, Construction, Building, Planner
- Aldershot (Hampshire, England)
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Structural Engineer Jobs