£65,000 to £75,000
Our client who is a major Government backed construction firm are looking to recruit a Senior Planner for a major construction project in Wiltshire. The project is to provide construction support and planning assistance on a major redevelopment of MOD living accommodation and quarters.
Key Purpose of the Role:
- The management of the planning for large construction projects throughout the Army Garrisons in Wiltshire, leading a team of planners as instructed by the Chief Planning Manager.
- Management and leadership of allocated planning resources.
- Development of staff, including PDR’s, appraisals and training.
- Liaise with the Chief Planning Manager to ensure that sufficient resources are identified to support allocated projects.
- Provide guidance and motivate staff.
- Review and audit all planning processes on allocated construction projects.
- Liaise with the project management teams on all planning matters.
- Production of tender information and programmes, analysis of information produced by reporting staff prior to submission.
- Analyse and evaluate construction methods, techniques and logistics.
- Attend adjudication meetings and present detailed explanation of programme and methodology.
- Set standards, prepare presentations and attend customer interviews.
- Preparation of the Master / Contract / Managing Programme and supporting information.
- Analyse / prepare project progress positions and forecast project completions.
- Identify project risks / opportunities and participate in the management process.
- Preparation of entitlement submissions.
- Ensure that all aspects of safety are taken into consideration when planning a project.
- Maintain close relationships and liaise with other members of the Planning job family, contribute to the transfer of best practice.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive Building Construction Experience
- P6 Primavera Experienced User
- Familiar with building construction sequences, durations and production output rates.
- Good communication skills
- This role is on a large MOD contract and therefore military security clearance will be required.
This role will be taken quickly so please apply today.
Construction, Planning, Construction, Building, Planner
- Wiltshire (Wiltshire, England)
- £65000 - £75000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Structural Engineer Jobs