Data Scientist – Fareham – Up to £420 per day – 12 month Contract – Inside IR35 – Security Clearance: SC
A fantastic opportunity available for a driven and experienced Data Scientist to join a fantastic team based in Fareham. Our client is working on behalf of the DSTL searching for a Data Scientist to work within their large multidisciplinary agile team, supporting and continuously improving products of significant scale and complexity.
We’re looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills who like working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multidisciplinary teams. You will be capable of contributing to the success of the team through experience of some or all of the following components.
- Create impact through supporting strategic and operational decision-making.
- Build credible analytical tools from the data and using best practice coding to generate reproducible work.
- Apply relevant technical and analytical standards from across government and industry.
- Explore and visualise data to present its story in a meaningful way to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead work strands and other staff, including maintaining output focus and technical quality.
- Support project teams to understand where data science can add new value.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Quantitative degree e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science or related technical subject.
- Proficient with using Python (including use of NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook and Matplotlib) or R, preferably both to undertake data science.
- Knowledge and experience in either of the fields of text analytics (for example data cleaning, data mining and sentiment analysis) or machine learning (for example trend analysis, predictive analysis, supervised and un-supervised learning).
- Track record of using a range of data analysis tools and techniques (including open source).
- Track record of leading work strands and other staff maintaining output focus and technical quality.
- Familiarity with software engineering techniques including version control and testing.
- Working knowledge of mathematics and statistics. Desirable skills and experience
- Proficient in using visualisation software such as Tableau, D3.js, or games engine technology e.g. Unity or Unreal.
- A good understanding of databases.
- Track record of conducting quantitative analysis to underpin evidence base for decision makers.
- Experience of applying a holistic approach to problem structuring, requirements capture and definition.
- Use of agile approaches to delivery for example sprints. We are looking for someone who has the following personal qualities.
- Fareham (Hampshire, England)
- Up to £420 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 1 Year
Contract Job Duration
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs