Senior Server/Infrastructure Engineer- Plymouth – Salary: up to £40,000
An exciting opportunity has become available with one of our key IT Service providers based in Plymouth for an experienced Senior Server/Infrastructure Engineer to join their technical team.
As the Senior Server/Infrastructure Engineer you will provide specialist technical advice, specifically having key experience with Office365, and contribute to the day to day IT Service delivery.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing Server related issues
- Expanding the Server Infrastructure and where applicable re-configuring server equipment based on provided specification
- Deliver IT services in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with IT strategy, architecture, best practice and industry standards.
- Work with colleagues and customers to ensure compliant services are delivered.
- Follow policies, plans and strategies relating to ITIL Incident, problem, change, capacity and availability.
- To lead and mentor staff to increase their working knowledge.
- To carry out proactive monitoring of IT services and infrastructure.
- Support the production of corporate business cases, providing estimates for internal/external delivery of IT solutions.
- Carry out risk assessments as part of change management including assessing, implementing and testing changes.
- Work to reduce risk of service failure and lead on service restoration activities.
- Liaise with customers to ensure system maintenance will be prioritised to have the least impact.
Core Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Office 365 integration, deployment and Administration
- Microsoft System Centre Suite
- Virtual Machines Manager
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- ADFS, Azure SSO, DHCP, DNS
- Routing / switching / IP Addressing
- DNS / DHCP
- Power shell / Scripting
- Microsoft Exchange Online Administration
- Microsoft Exchange Online Hybrid Migrations (for Enterprise organisations)
- Data Storage and Backup solutions
- VMware virtualisation.
- Plymouth (Devon, England)
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Technical Support Engineer Jobs