Principal / Associate Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer job in Dubai. The Principal / Associate Mechanical Engineer I am looking for will be working for a longstanding client of mine who are a leading international design consultancy located centrally in Dubai working on some really exciting high rise projects. The role will suit a technically strong and tenacious Principal Mechanical Engineer from an MEP Building Services Design background (HVAC bias) that is currently located in Dubai/UAE or that has very recent experience in country.
The Principal / Associate Mechanical Engineer role will be client facing and responsible for leading an established team of mechanical engineers in the Dubai office, working predominantly on high rise MEP projects within the UAE. The successful candidate will report directly to the Country Director.
To be considered for this role, it is absolutely essential that you have a minimum of 4-5 years of recent experience in Dubai along with a proven track record in hands on design within engineering consultancies for HVAC, Plumbing, Drainage, Fire protection and BMS systems on high rise projects.
The current anticipated split is Technical (70%), project management (15%) and Business Development (15%). However this really does require proven ability to lead a team of Mechanical engineers in a multidisciplinary environment. Must possess good leadership and written and verbal communication skills.
As the Principal / Associate Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Be the technical champion for the mechanical design team
- Budget and financial management of projects – fee bid proposals etc.
- Play a key role in the ability of the company to meet its project commitments
- Act as Project Manager on projects
- Lead and mentor the team
- Business development of existing clients, but also seeking out and securing new business opportunities for the company.
- Degree Qualified Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer
- Minimum 10 years of relevant Building Services design experience within design consultancies – preferably 15.
- Minimum 4-5 years of recent experience within consulting engineers in Dubai/UAE – Essential.
- Experience in high-rise hospitality, residential, commercial and retail projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team
- Excellent client facing skills
- Business development experience desirable
- Diligent with a sense of responsibility and pride in the work you do.
- REVIT capabilities
- Knowledge of local codes, standards and the DEWA submission process is essential.
An attractive tax free salary up to 45k AED per month & comprehensive benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
To apply, and for a confidential discussion regarding this excellent career opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- BS - Associate - Mechanical, BS - Design Engineer - Mechanical, Mechanical
Important Job Skills
- £90000 - £100000 per annum + Tax free + benefits
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs