Senior / Principal Structural Engineer job Doha. The Senior / Principal Structural Engineer I am looking for will be working for a longstanding client of mine who are a leading international design consultancy located centrally in Doha working on some very exciting and technically challenging projects. The role will suit a technically strong and tenacious Senior / Principal Structural Engineer from a Building Structures background, that is ideally currently located across the GCC & passionate about creative and intuitive design. The Senior / Principal Structural Engineer role will be client facing and responsible for leading an established team of structural engineers in the Doha office.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Structural Associate Director.
I have personally recruited for this award winning international consultancy for over 10 years across the globe. They have a truly fantastic culture and offer unsurpassed opportunities for progression and encourage staff to work with and learn from experts in their chosen discipline. Many of their staff enjoy opportunities to work with colleagues in other offices, in their own country and internationally.
If you’ve got potential, they will help you achieve it!
- Leading a team of expert engineers and CAD technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will manage the delivery of technically excellent and profitable projects.
- You will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business, and will use your wealth of expertise and determination to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers
- Contribute to technical solutions on projects
- Initiate and participate in design peer reviews
- Establish good relationships with design teams externally and internally.
- BEng / BSc (Hons) in Civil / Structural Engineering from a leading University.
- Preference given to candidates who possess UPDA Grade A status from the MMUP in Qatar
- Minimum 7-10 years post graduate experience in structural engineering design (buildings) with leading consultancy practices.
- MIStructE Member or similar.
- CEng status from UK is preferred
- Fantastic communication skills and a highly collaborative work ethic
- Middle East experience is a distinct advantage
- Comprehensive experience of technical design and associated discipline software.
- RC Design experience
- Have developed a significant portfolio of relevant technical and leadership experience in a consultancy environment.
- In your most recent position you will have established your excellent reputation as a commercially aware leader in structural design, and have consistently demonstrated your ability to manage multiple large scale projects and teams to deliver to, and exceed client expectations.
This position would suit a self-motivated engineer who is really looking to advance their career with an industry leading, award winning global consultancy.
A generous tax free salary + medical + annual flight + gratuity is available to the successful candidate.
To apply, and for a confidential discussion regarding this excellent career opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People.