Senior Civil Engineer Wanted!
Salary: Up to £50,000
What does the Senior Civil Engineer role include?
To work with the director, associates and project engineers on a variety of projects across all sectors, including:
- New build developments up to and in excess of £35M.
- Redevelopments or alterations to existing infrastructure.
- Producing drainage statements, strategies and thereafter developing detailed designs and specifications for new infrastructure, below ground drainage and external works.
- Procuring, advising on and managing third party surveys, FRA’s and similar reports and interpreting results.
- Undertaking site surveys, inspections with experience in remedial works to existing drainage systems.
- Experience in Project Management of small site works and monitoring works.
- Primary point of contact for civil designs, liaising with client, design team, contractors, as well as Local, Water, Rail and Highway Authorities.
- Attending and reporting at client, contractor and design team meetings.
- Preparing and checking Cad/Revit drawings
- Checking and auditing designs by either internal or external engineers.
What are the desirable skills for the Senior Civil Engineer Role?
- A high calibre civil engineer with min BEng or preferably BEng (Hons) degree and minimum 6-8 years post university experience in the design and detail of drainage systems, and external works infrastructure. Preferably Chartered, or soon to be chartered candidates with excellent experience will be considered.
- A proactive self-starter, willing to take the initiative with good attention to detail and a hands-on approach, with an ability to work in a flexible manner on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Energy to persuade, influence and collaborate effectively at all levels
- A desire to question others and to seek to implement new ideas.
- Strong and confident communicator in written and oral form to individuals and groups.
What Software does the Senior Civil Engineer need to be proficient with?
- Microdrainage and or AutoCAD Civils 3D design packages.
- AutoCad and/or REVIT.
- Confident user of Microsoft office Packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
What are the benefits that come with the Senior Civil Engineer role?
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare with options for family cover too!
- Institute of Structural / Civil Engineers subscription reimbursement.
- 24 day annual holiday allowance (with options to “buy or sell” additional days).
- Death in service life cover.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.