Senior DevOps Engineer – Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle – Up to £600 per day – 6 month Contract – Out of Scope – Security Clearance: SC
Senior DevOps Engineer:
A fantastic opportunity available for a driven and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join a fantastic team based in either Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle. Our client is working on behalf of the DWP searching for an Application Support Specialist to work within their large multidisciplinary agile team, supporting and continuously improving products of significant scale and complexity.
We’re looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills who like working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multidisciplinary teams. You will be capable of contributing to the success of the team through experience of some or all of the following components.
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will own the overall DevOps process along with setting the strategies for products and the wider community.
- You will contribute to the Engineering and Architecture leads that will help ensure the systems are fit for purpose. With a focus on stability, availability and quality you will be accountable for the code and services your teams produce and administer.
- You will provide technical leadership to a small team of DevOps Engineers along with providing oversight to the products and services they develop.
- You are a skilled practitioner and role model in DevOps principles.
- You are responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to effectively deliver software products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL
- Extensive experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python
- Extensive experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices)
- Extensive experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
- Experience of leading DevOps Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders
- Significant and demonstrable experience of provisioning tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Significant and demonstrable experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins
- Significant and demonstrable experience of clustering and load balancing applications and services, like NGINX
- Significant and demonstrable experience working with distributed version control systems like Git
- Manchester (Greater Manchester, England)
- Up to £600 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 6 Months
Contract Job Duration
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs