Software/Design Engineer ORCA/Nautis – Portsmouth – Competitive Salary
As a Software/Design Engineer – ORCA/Nautis, you will undertake the design documentation and play an active part in the software development of a Command Management System. You will be working with a wide range of functions, keeping up to date in relevant technical areas and providing more effective services, sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve.
This role will provide you with opportunities to broaden your skill range and work on exciting and modern technologies, enabling you to develop and gain further exposure across the wider business.
- Participating fully in capturing requirements and the documenting of system design
- Carrying out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Preparing complex specifications, developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Acting as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
- You will be highly motivated and focused to continuously improve standards of excellence in drive and commitment. You will always work to the professional standards expected of the role and strive for “zero defects” and “zero rework” in own work.
- A strong software engineering background with experience in many of the following:
- Documentation of Complex System
- C# experience
- Design tools such as System Architect & DOORS
- Web Services
- Agile development process
- SQL & Database Administration
- Portsmouth (Hampshire, England)
- Up to £1 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs