Exciting opportunity for a Senior Fire Engineer to work for an independent design consultancy in their well-established London office. As a Senior Fire Engineer working within an established, specialist Fire Safety Engineering team, you’ll be joining a dynamic consultancy that has over 40 year’s experience working in the UK and internationally with over 200 staff in the London headquarters. As the Senior Fire Engineer you will be reporting to the Head of Fire Engineering and will be responsible for all project fire safety design, documentation, assessments, reports, administration and programming across different sectors within the built environment. As a Senior Fire Engineer, you will represent the company at design team meetings & fire safety workshops as and when required.
I have personally recruited for this award winning international consultancy for over 10 years across the globe. They have a truly fantastic culture and offer unsurpassed opportunities for progression and encourage staff to work with and learn from experts in their chosen disciplines. Many of their staff enjoy opportunities to work with colleagues in other offices, in their own country and internationally.
You will be a talented, passionate and ambitious Senior Fire Engineer who has previous experience operating at a senior level and has an extensive understanding of current UK Fire Safety legislation and guidelines.
As the Senior Fire Engineer you will be expected to apply your technical knowledge in the delivery of Fire Engineering projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Producing fire safety strategy documents to inform and support development throughout the design process on various types of buildings across several sectors
- Identify and specify the need for fire safety systems (i.e. sprinkler systems, smoke ventilation systems and relevant detection and alarm systems) to support the fire engineering design solutions.
- Carry out and review Fire Engineering calculations.
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety Legislation for the relevant developments.
- Negotiate as necessary with Approval Authorities on the fire safety design principles and proposals.
Skills & Experience:
- BEng/BSc/MSc Fire Engineering, Building Services or equivalent.
- Ability to Present fire safety strategies and negotiate with statutory and regulatory authorities.
- Previous experience operating as a Senior Fire Engineer, working on buildings projects
- Good time management skills in relation to meeting previously agreed project deliverable dates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the application of Fire Engineering techniques and principles for buildings projects
A competitive salary & generous benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
Interviews will be being held in London over the next two weeks, so please do not hesitate to contact James Mowat at Energi People to discuss this role in more detail & arrange an interview.