Technically gifted Mechanical Associate / Associate Director required from an MEP Building Services Design background to join a global multi-disciplinary consultancy in Doha, Qatar. This role will see you working on a number of very prestigious projects including malls, high rise, residential, commercial rail and retail. The Mechanical Associate / Associate Director role is a critical role for the business and will see you challenged but very rewarded working on innovative designs on very complex MEP Design projects within Doha.
I have recruited for this excellent organisation for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you’ve got potential, they will help you achieve it!
- Primary responsibility for the financial management of projects (including resource allocation and management of WIP, invoicing & debtors), to ensure delivery in accordance with fee agreements
- Key point of contact for clients on projects. Significant responsibility for managing the client relationship
- Line management responsibility for an identified group of staff
- Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
- Prepare fee proposal documents and fee calculations, for sign-off.
- Establish design concepts to ensure that designs are appropriate, deliverable and consistent with the client’s brief
- Monitor and manage human resourcing requirements for projects
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, to ensure that all designs are technically sound and meet the client’s brief
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice
- Manage and control financial aspects of projects, co-ordinating input from other disciplines, and ensure that invoicing is carried out in accordance with agreed schedules
- Follow project management and QA procedures, and ensure that direct reports do so
- Lead / participate in regular team meetings to ensure that direct reports and/or project team members are informed of key deliverables, deadlines, progress, issues & changes
- Participate in induction arrangements for direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate training and support is provided
- Conduct effective and timely performance appraisals with direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate objectives and development needs are identified and recorded
Qualifications & Credentials required
- Mechanical Engineering qualification at bachelors level or higher
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience within the building services design industry and a proven track record in working for international design consultancies.
- Chartered Engineer
- Previous experience in the MENA region desirable
- UPDA Grade A gained from MMUP will be advantageous
- Proven experience across the project lifecycle
- Proven experience of managing projects and delivering to time & budgetary deadlines, whilst complying with operational and other procedures
- Proven ability to manage resourcing requirements on projects and to coordinate the input of others from within and outside the team
- Broad and deep technical knowledge in mechanical building services, plus demonstrable understanding of other disciplines
- Proven ability to negotiate and agree commercially appropriate fee arrangements and appointment terms
- Excellent skills to build and develop relationships with clients
- Demonstrable understanding of issues of commercial and contractual risk
- Proven ability and commitment to coaching and development of less experienced staff
To apply for this super opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People, by sending your full CV and contact details for a confidential discussion.
- Doha (, Qatar)
- BS - Associate - Mechanical, BS - Design Engineer - Mechanical, Mechanical, UPDA Grade A
Important Job Skills
- £100000 - £120000 per annum + Tax free + Benefits
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs