Hosting Manager – Central London – 2 month contract – up to £700 per day
The Hosting Manger will act as the Authority’s primary point of contact for the Hosting Suppliers’ transition programmes and their associated activities, operating within the wider programme tower delivery model.
The role will validate and manage the Hosting Suppliers’ transition solutions and plans for the transition of all in scope elements, including data centre infrastructures and business applications; ensure that the solutions and plans are realistic and achievable; and assure that the business applications continue to be delivered to the agreed service levels during the transition period, minimising business interruption.
- Provide transition expertise in assessing the validity and achievability of the suppliers’ transition solutions and plans and work with the suppliers to ensure that these are achieved to the agreed quality criteria;
- Work with the other Tower Transition Managers and other suppliers to ensure that all dependencies are known, impacted against and incorporated in the relevant tower plans;
- Participate in detailed transition planning to develop, deliver and assure the Hosting Suppliers’ transition plans and documentation;
- Assure delivery against the Hosting Suppliers’ transition plans;
- To review Hosting Supplier plans for activities within scope of this work stream, providing assurance on their achievability and appropriateness from a service continuity perspective;
- To identify any key interdependencies on other parties be that incumbent or new TTP Suppliers and ensure that the resource requirements are known and agreed;
- Agree transition status with the Hosting Suppliers;
- Ensure that any Hosting issues and risks are managed by them and where appropriate escalate within the governance framework for resolution;
- To validate the knowledge transfer plans with incumbents and other suppliers and agree the release of the appropriate resources to conduct knowledge transfer;
- To participate in service readiness testing
- large scale data centre, infrastructure and application upgrades in an outsourced delivery model
- Demonstrable experience of the transition of complex ICT infrastructures across distributed estates and multi supply organisations (in excess of 30,000 users);
- Strong supplier management skills ideally with experience of transition to services provided under new contracts;
- Strong service management knowledge and understanding service models, service processes and procedures within an ITIL V3 environment;
- Demonstrable evidence of strong stakeholder management skills in a large scale ICT outsourced and contracted supplier environment;
- An experienced IT professional, with evidence of technical capability developed in a customer focussed environment;
- Experience in a relevant business environment involved in the introduction and use of IT, including demonstrable success in managing projects;
- Commercial awareness and proven track record in the commissioning of £Ms ICT solutions in a complex organisation; and
- Experience of managing and monitoring project costs, plans and quality.
- Understanding of application development and delivery processes, methods and standards;
- Familiarity with the Government IT Profession and cross government IT policies;
- Understanding of the Government and working in the justice system;
- Practitioner Certificate in PRINCE2.
- London (London, England)
- £600 - £700 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- IT Project Manager Jobs