Civil Engineer – Rail
About the Role
There are many great reasons to work at one of the UK’s premier multi-disciplinary engineering companies. Their team of highly skilled Rail Civil Engineers help to support our business in delivering technical expertise to a wide range of clients over a variety of projects. Want to join a dynamic workforce? Take a look at the roles they have to offer.
They have an exciting new opportunity for a Rail Civil Engineer currently, in this role you will report to a Senior Engineer. You will be involved in producing civil engineering designs and studies for a range of railway infrastructure projects. Your task is to lead and participate in a variety of design teams organised around the delivery of design projects, ensuring commitments are met to the client and other members of the design team. You will assist the Senior Engineer in supervising and training graduates and technicians.
- A Civil Engineer with Rail Civils experience across a variety of projects including stations, platform extensions, depots & electrification related rail projects.
- Have the ability to define problems, systematically gather and analyse data, identify cause and effects as well as establishing root causes and achievable solutions.
- The ability to proactively build strong relationships across the customer network is key
- Capacity to make good and timely decisions.
- Demonstrate energy, drive and enthusiasm when striving to accomplish and improve results and will passionately persevere when pursuing stretch goals.
About the Company
Join them, be part of a business with a unique mission: to provide the best technical solutions to solve our clients’ problems – and give our people the chance to grow and develop. Our teams bring client focus, integrity, collaboration and technical excellence to every project. We value your contribution highly and take a real interest in your wellbeing. We offer a range of competitive benefits.
- Serving market sectors including Transportation, Energy, Defence, Construction and Aviation – as well as a wide range of government and blue-chip customers – we can offer varied challenges and fascinating projects. Our portfolio is constantly expanding, with Gatwick station and Leeds recycled energy from waste among recent highlights.
- What will really make the difference is a candidate who is focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of customers, both internally and externally.