Senior Software Engineers (C#/C++) – Permanent
*Candidates must be able to satisfy full UK SC clearance*
Senior Software Engineer – New Malden – Permanent – Competitive Salary + benefits!
Looking for a great opportunity to progress your career? There is an opportunity to join a newly established HCI modernisation team within globally recognised technological company. A vacancy has opened up for a Software Engineer at their site in New Malden.
As a Software Engineer on the HCI Modernisation team, you will be exploring new technologies, undertaking evaluations, identify operational benefits and developing proof of concept demonstrations to guide the future Human Computer Interface (HCI) across various different systems.
Responsibilities as a Software Engineer will consist of:
- Undertaking assessments of software architectures and user interface development frameworks to allow generation of modern, feature-rich displays
- Collaborating with product teams to help establish a common architecture and HCI development principles across Systems products
- Conducting concept and technology evaluations to guide future HCI development and identify opportunities for technology insertion which will improve awareness or reduce workload
- Engaging with end users, customers and our engineering community to generate ideas and gain feedback
- Investigating current product HCI shortcomings determining priority areas for improvement
- Developing proof of concept demonstrations / mock-ups of the use of new HCI technologies
Skills and Qualifications
Software development skills
- HCI experience
- A broad understanding of the Combat Systems Product Portfolio
- Experience of software development in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience of graphical user interface design and presentation frameworks
- Knowledge of Visual Studio software development (incl. C#, C++)
- Surrey (Surrey, England)
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs