£150-200 per day
Our client who is a major construction company are looking to recruit a Site Engineer with c2-4 years’ experience for a major construction (buildings) project in Wiltshire. The project is to provide construction support and assistance on a major redevelopment of MOD living accommodation and quarters.
Purpose of the role:
To set out, monitor progress & maintain records of all new works including external work activities, refurbishment works including all site logistic activities & liaise with construction surveyors, in accordance with the requirements of our client.
- Implement and comply with Aspires management, safety, quality and environmental systems and standards.
- Achieve profitability in line with or better than Aspire business objectives through efficient control of checking procedures and engineering methodology.
- Foster continuous improvement and communicate outcomes to the Aspire Senior Construction Manager/ Senior Project Manager.
- Implement Aspire Business initiatives.
- Identify and recommend to the Aspire Senior Project Manager training requirements of engineering staff.
- Develop and implement project specific engineering quality control systems
- Establish materials testing regime in accordance with the specification and technical guidelines.
- Manage the commissioning and decommissioning of temporary works.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the technical department regarding the design of temporary works.
- Ensure that Engineering issues are identified at the earliest stage and effective measures are put in place to reduce any risks.
- Prepare and check method statements and risk assessments for key activities and examine alternative solutions.
- Plan and co-ordinate construction/engineering activities with site management to ensure compliance with the programme and quality requirements of the Client and our mutual Contract.
- Lead and co-ordinate the activities of his team and those working for sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Aspire services
- Maintain a site diary.
- Attend co-ordination meeting
- Produce and monitor short term programmes.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Establish and ensure Inspection and Test Plan (I&TP) aligns with Specifications. Assist with improvements to I&TP.
- Carry out mandatory checks to Temporary Works.
- Maintain mandatory checklists in strict accordance with prescribed timetables.
- Become familiar with Method Statements to be able to ensure compliance on site.
- Ensure that engineering issues are identified at the earliest stage and that effective measures are put in place to reduce any risks.
- Record and control incidences of Change, Technical Queries and Instructions.
- Produce site sketches (to facilitate further design or for record).
- Issue Permits to Dig (Burried Services Permits)
Skills and Experience:
- To have had experience in Dimensional control on large sites. Leading and managing various sub-Contractors within the construction industry.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal & written. Be a logical thinker, a team player and be able to work under pressure.
- Be Computer literate in Work, Excel, power projects, build on line AutoCAD & Microsoft outlook.
- Involvement with PFI or DBFO contracts would be advantageous, as would previous experience on military sites.
Our client is looking to start the successful candidate immediately. This role will be snapped up so please apply today.
Site, Site Engineer, Building, Construction, Site Agent,
- Wiltshire (Wiltshire, England)
- £150 - £200 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 18 months
Contract Job Duration
- Civil Engineering Clerk of Works Jobs