ABAP DEVELOPER (PI/PO) – 3 months initial contract – Rate: £450.00/day Portsmouth
*Candidates wishing to apply will need to satisfy full UK SC security clearance upon offer
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced ABAP Developer with proficient skills in PI/ PO to join an established global defence organisation based in Hampshire
- A member of the application team responsible for the delivery of ABAP development projects based on technical specifications.
- The role will provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation and support, being his/her primary focus during the design and development phases of projects and user support.
- Responsible for managing and developing the skills to ensure constant delivery of high quality tested applications that minimise downtime and rework.
- You will be subject matter experts in design and development of SAP solutions against agreed and defined business requirements.
- Ensure delivery of and deliver good customer service through delivery of consistent, well documented, agreed developments for the SAP platform. Main Responsibilities * Deliver SAP development projects for the SAP estate primarily for FICO, ECC, HCM, SCM, PM, PI, Fiori, Portal 7.3 and BW.
- Deliver root cause analysis, provides solutions, and delivers services for specific fields / areas.
- Ensure 2nd and 3rd line support issues are delivered to agreed SLAs and work with the Service Delivery team to agree new SLAs and review impacts on resource levels.
- Use specified toolsets to develop solutions to an agreed quality standard working with the quality and test manager to explore improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5-10 years of working on a complex SAP system environment.
- Broad knowledge of SAP functional areas particularly FICO, ECC, HCM, SCM, PM, PI, Fiori, Portal 7.3 and BW.
- 2-3 years’ experience of object oriented programming within SAP using; ALV and ABAP lists, Sap scripts and smart forms, Dialogue programming, Interfaces, BADIs/BAPIs, WebDynpro, BSP, Interactive forms, SAP Web GUI, SAP UI5, Fiori, RFC, ICF, Connectors and Web Services.
- Extensive experience of managing the creation of work packages to ensure the delivery of technical solutions to an agreed standard.
- Experience of managing internal and external suppliers and monitoring performance through KPIs to ensure specified SLAs are met.
- Management of resolution of technical application issues and problems with suppliers and internal teams
- Experience using Team Foundation Server or HP ALMtoolset
- BCS Diploma in System Development
- PRINCE 2 Foundation
- ITIL Foundation
Job posted in: Security Cleared Information Security Manager Jobs
- Hampshire (Hampshire, England)
- Up to £450 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 3 months
Contract Job Duration
- Security Cleared Information Security Manager Jobs