Bi Developer – Permanent – Southampton – Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who provide world leading payment, EPOS and loyalty solutions to global giants within the retail industry.
As a BI Developer you will have the opportunity to work on various different cutting-edge technologies.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
- Maintain accurate documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent SQL Server T-SQL programming skills, stored procedures, CTEs, window functions, dynamic SQL, knowledge of SQL injection vulnerabilities
- Strong analytic skills, and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment and be a highly organized
- SQL Server, ideally 2017
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- SQL Server database performance, SQL tuning
- Experience in handling large databases
- Knowledge of column store indexes
- Very good SSRS skills
- Data warehouse experience, design of data marts, star schemas, type 2 slowly changing dimensions
- Data analysis skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems.
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Experience with tSQLt unit testing
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM.
- Experience using GIT source control
- Experience using Visual Studio database project
- Experience writing PowerShell
- Experience developing for Power BI
- Experience developing for Zabbix monitoring
- UML, ideally Enterprise Architect
Job posted in: Software Engineer Jobs
- Southampton (Hampshire, England)
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Software Engineer Jobs