As the appointed Engineer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Managing and co-ordinating the activities of the site engineers to ensure all setting-out and quality control procedures are performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop weekly programmes with the team to ensure that programme and productivity are achieved
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements
- Communicate with works managers, foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Ensure that records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded are accounted for and logged
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Experience of working with NEC 3 Contracts
- Previous experience of working within Highways, Bridge Replacements or ideally Rail projects
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- Relevant CSCS Card
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Please apply below or contact Laura Stephenson for further information on: 01252 413 080.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Civil Engineering Recruitment and have a range of posts available.
- Wiltshire (Wiltshire, England)
- £40000 - £55000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Highways Engineering jobs