Specifically you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of live projects to include Station Upgrades, Modifications to station entrances, platform replacements on the London Underground network.
As the CAD Technician you will undertake drafting in various structural materials, developing structural layouts, rail scheme drawings, structural detailed design and marine structures. This will involve developing sections straight from plans, thinking through structures and how they fit together, considering buildability as you progress, suggesting alternatives to the engineer and providing advice on drawing planning and programming.
Specific skills required:
- HND in Construction / Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
- AutoCAD experience in creating and amending 2D drawings – create multiline text, leaders, objects, tables – use dimensions, layouts, revisions clouds, dynamic blocks, X-refs, layers, annotative scales and UCS
- Experience of complying with Quality Management Systems
- Ability to work independently, seeing tasks through to completion with minimal input
- If you feel that this roles meets your skill set then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV to or contact Laura on 01252 413 080.
- In addition, experience in AutoCAD of design centre, data linking and extraction, dynamic blocks, fields, lisp routines, parametric constraints and 3D modelling would be advantageous as would experience of Bentley Microstation, Projectwise and Revit.
Job posted in: Civil Technician Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £31 - £32000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Technician Jobs