Commercial Manager (M&E) – Manchester
My Client Is one of the UK’s leading providers of air movement and ventilation ductwork solutions, delivering projects throughout the UK ranging from Nuclear and Industrial Processes, to Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and Leisure, They are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and service for all of their customers. The role of the Commercial Manager (M&E) will be be client facing, team managing and very strategic.
- Ensuring project cost & value forecasts are accurate and regularly updated / maintained, maximising project margin where possible
- Ensuring project revenue and cash flow projections are accurate and regularly updated / maintained
- Have a clear understanding of project scope, ensuring this is communicated to all members of the team
- Compiling of all project cost/status/package reports in accordance with project & business timetables
- Ensuring the project interim applications for payment are submitted on time, with full entitlement
- Ensuring all contract administration/procedures/mechanisms are followed by the project team to protect the business’s position at all times
- Ensuring Early Warning / Compensation Event Notifications and Quotations are issued in accordance with the NEC Contract (to the Client and Subcontractors), agreeing both time & cost in accordance with the Contract and in a timely manner
- Identifying project commercial/contractual risks (project & business specific), as well as implementing mitigation measures
- The procurement of Subcontract packages, ensuring they are procured by the project team in accordance with the companies Subcontract Procurement Process and the project requirements. Protecting the business’s position at all times.
- Ensuring Subcontractor’s Payment Notices are being assessed and issued in accordance with the Construction Act
- Maintaining good relationships with the client and the supply chain
- Ensuring business Commercial Procedures are adhered to by the project team at all times
- In liaison with the planning team, implementing a robust Earned Value reporting mechanism for the project
- Strong understanding of the NEC form of Contract
- Significant experience managing a Target Cost project of this nature
- Significant experience managing teams of Quantity Surveyors of all levels
- Experience managing/producing/submitting/defending Client and/or Subcontractor claims (e.g. EOT/L&E etc.)
- Strong experience in commercial reporting and forecasting on a Target Cost project of this nature
- Willing to travel
- Chartered Membership of RICS / CIOB.
- Commercial Related degree
Energi People are the leading experts in M&E Quantity Surveying Recruitment.
- Manchester (Greater Manchester, England)
- £65000 - £70000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Commercial Management Jobs