Commercial Manager – Middlesbrough
My client is one of the UK’s largest M&E contractors offering a diverse service portfolio covering areas such as M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting and Facilities Management.
They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join their team based in Middlesbrough working on E & I. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager, or an enthusiastic Senior Quantity Surveyor ready to take the next step in their career, to join a dynamic, forward thinking company set on delivering a strong customer focus with safety at the heart of everything they do.
- Assisting in developing commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise operational performance of contracts
- Commercially reviewing bids, with particular focus on payment mechanisms, event of default clause, termination thresholds and any schedules with significant Operational risk/impact and assisting in finalising conditions of contract for new work
- Identification, preparation and evaluation of claims including assessment of programme impact and evaluation.
- Management of the Project Cost Report including VOWD and Forecast at Completion
- Compiling and issuing tenders
- Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget
- Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- Quantity surveying and preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You will have experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Job posted in: Commercial Management Jobs
- Middlesbrough (North Yorkshire, England)
- £400 - £450 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Commercial Management Jobs