Contract Senior Electrical Power Engineer (Utilities experience)
Long term contract
£300-£310 per day
An immediate contract vacancy has arisen with one of Energi People’s clients, to support the established project Team for the delivery of a Utility electrical grid support Scheme in the Hull area, East Yorkshire.
I am looking for 1no. Senior Electrical Power Engineer (Utilities experience ideally) on a contract basis – initially 2 month site based full time then ongoing part time for 2-3 days per week until November 2019. However, there may be room for negotiation on this later in the year through further project wins.
- Utilities power plant
- HV design, power plant, distribution, standby generation, control and protection
- HV/LV earthing
- HV switch-gear design
- CSCS card
- Survey experience in power plant environment
- Proficiency in Report writing and documentation
- AP in HV environments (preferred but not essential)
The design and design management tasks are as follows:
- Review customer record documentation.
- Record validation study of existing protection settings. The site study will be augmented by an office desk top study.
- Visual condition study of arrangement to verify the proposed arrangement.
- Record validation of existing connected loads and starting currents to verify the load steps.
- Working with the retained system control specialist to verify existing system operation.
- Commencing the new HV/LV protection study and associated Arc Flash and Reactive Power Studies.
- Work with Specialist Earthing Company to verify earthing arrangements.
- Work with Specialist Survey Company to verify buried infrastructure.
- Work with Structural Engineer to verify Structural Co-ordination with Building.
- Work with HV Switch-gear and Generator Specialist to Co-ordination with Building.
- Work with Controls Specialist to verify Site integration.
- Assist Lead Designer with CDMC Planning.
- Work with Client Approved Inspector to gain Building Regulations Consent.
- Verify System Technical Submissions for Client Sign Off.
- Verify all the Electrical calculations produced.
- Verify technical arrangement proposed by the Contractor.
- Compare design proposal with the set standards.
- To provide technical support during procurement, construction and through to commissioning on a visiting basis.
- Electrical Power
- Protection Study
- Mechanical System
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Alarm
Carry out the necessary assessments for the magnetising inrush and transient voltages during energising of the main transformers and the 275kV system to be undertaken with specialist designer.
Supervision and management of specialists to carry out further differential earthing survey in addition to the earthing study provided at present to mitigate and study any potential of rise of earth potential or different potential between existing and new systems.
Please contact James Mowat from Energi People ASAP to discuss this role in more detail and be shortlisted for interview