Data Architect – 6 month initial contract – Hampshire – up to £500 per day
*SC Clearance will be required for this position (candidates must already be in possession of or happy to undergo security checks)
Due to the sensitive nature of the role candidates must hold a British Passport due to the nature of some of the data subjects they might be working with.
Our global award winning client are rolling out a major change in the role that Business Intelligence and Analytics plays within the company as it moves to a more data-driven organisation.
As a result of this growth they are looking for an experienced Data Architect to enhance their existing traditional descriptive business BI/Analytics and also to grow capability to support high end predictive/prescriptive analytics including areas such as big data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Be responsible for the definition and management of enterprise information assets.
- Work with senior management and data custodians to establish our data vision, and to create a culture that treats data as a cross-corporate asset.
- Lead the development, publication and maintenance of the corporate information architecture, as well as a road map for its future development that matches and supports business needs.
- Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
- Establish the role of the business data stewards in each major business unit.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk.
- Define, manage, and control master data and metadata management policies, controls, and standards, including reference data.
- Lead the deployment and management of data quality monitoring systems. Measure master data and reference data for compliance to policy, standards and conceptual models.
- 5+ of experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises
- Experience in integrating complex. cross-corporate processes and data models, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with business information generation and analysis methods
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Experience to develop a framework for information management, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists; able to sell ideas and process internally at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of having worked in Asset and Project Management based organisations and resultant information needs within a Govt/Defence environment, including risk and regulatory factors relating to information flows
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure; information systems/tools, and related software and data management; enterprise content management, and record-keeping policies and practices in a complex regulated organizational environment.
- Experience in developing a data strategy that supports all aspect of the BI/Analytics spectrum from descriptive BI through to predictive ML/AI based analytics.
- Hampshire (Hampshire, England)
- £500 - £550 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Technical Support Engineer Jobs