As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design,design proving, engineering documentation, and supporting calculations.
This role demands a high level of innovative thinking and the ability to synthesise ideas into functioning and manufacturable products that are compliant to design specifications and applicable legislation. Working within a team of engineers and Design Authorities to design and develop high integrity components, complex mechanisms and linkages that will function and be durable in challenging Oil & Gas environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use requirements specifications and a design brief to develop innovative yet robust design solutions that are compliant and fit for purpose
- Use Inventor & Solidworks to produce both concept and detail designs
- Produce supporting calculations and analysis to justify design decisions
- Work with SMEs, Users and Lethality/Physical Design Authorities to develop concept design solutions
- Work with a team of Design Engineers with agreed interfaces to develop a single sub-system design solution
- Work with CAD engineers to enable the production of drawings and design data pack.
- Create and present Design Review data packs to Senior Engineers and Governors.
- Assist with the production of prototypes and confirm designs with manufacturing/purchasing teams
- Perform physical testing and design proving activities on engineering prototypes
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable, industry and business standards.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable programme safety requirements and governing safety legislation
Do you have a topside background ? Craines specifically would be ideal !!
If you think this role is for you and would like to arrange an interview then please send your CV forward ASAP.
Job posted in: Civil Engineering Recruitment
- Ellon (Aberdeenshire, Scotland)
- £44000 - £53000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Engineering Recruitment