Design, create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the organisation. Have strong skills in front end or back end web developer (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and analysts focussed on one or more products or projects. Build web and mobile products to serve a variety of users’ needs. Implement APIs for internal and external use. Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers. Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms.
The individual is also expected to maintain and develop individual functional skills and undertake professional CPD activities within their specialist area.
* Design and development of dashboards, reports, questionnaires and other material, the investigation of faults, data manipulation and cleansing. The main language used is SQL. The platforms are all Microsoft.
* Liaison between company personnel and the application/service providers to ensure that the DAIS business can be reflected in the technical aspects of the IT systems to minimise wasted effort, reduce development/turn-around times, and improve the services
* Manage application upgrades, coordinating with suppliers and the application hosting teams.
* Determine the optimal methods for delivering interfaces between DART (Defence Assurance Risk Tool), DIMDb (Defence Incident Management Database) and other systems involved in the capture of Information Assurance/Security data, as required by the Business.
* Develop, in cooperation with the Technical Lead, user interfaces to improve the user experience; data entry and accuracy and the accessibility of information.
* Create and update all repositories data models, data architecture, data dictionaries, configuration and reference data catalogues
* Contribute to relevant research and development activities, including progression of tasks as outlined on the Tooling Roadmap.
* Assist in the translation of User Requirements into System Requirements, as necessary.
* Provide training to a full time employee, who will subsume the duties following the departure of the contracted individual.
Job posted in: Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs
- Cambridgeshire (Cambridgeshire, England)
- £500 - £525 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 11 months
Contract Job Duration
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs