Electrical Design Engineer
£25-45K per annum
Immediate start available
Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer in the Building Services sector looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking to find a more lucrative and prestigious role within a business that will train you; properly utilizing your potential?
If so, perfect; Energi People have the job you are searching for…
Our client is searching for a proactive and self-motivated Electrical Design Engineer to manage an extensive list of Health & Educational building projects projects. The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be an autonomous worker, able to get their heads down and work without supervision when required. Our client believes that building strong relationships is the key to repeat business, so being comfortable with B2B communication is essential to perform well here as an Electrical Design Engineer.
This employer is preferably looking to hire someone with experience, ideally 18 months minimum.
Whilst my client is fairly open-minded about this Design Engineer role, there are some desirable skills that our client is specifically interested in:
- IT skill – The ability to use various software’s proficiently will be a huge bonus. REVIT, CAD, Microsoft Office, Amtech, Dialux, NBS, etc.
- Electrical Engineering Knowledge – A thorough understanding of the following, will really help you perform in this industry:
- Electrical power and distribution
- Fire alarms
- Lightning protection
- CCTV/security/intruder detection
- Site safety
- Mechanical ventilation
- Heating and cooling services
- Hot and cold-water services
- Competency – Training will be provided. However it is essential for applicants to have the potential to learn to perform the following activities:
- Prepare design for allocated projects including drawings and specifications
- Carry out site surveys and reports, including:
- Acquisition surveys
- Schedules of dilapidations
- Record drawings
- Plant condition
- Carry out site supervision including meetings and inspections
- Attend meetings and play a proactive part, keep minutes/notes for external and internal use
- Liaise with contractors on approvals and queries
- Liaise with CAD/REVIT Manager/Staff to ensure project requirements are met
- Project manage allocated projects
- Manage own time spent on projects to meet deadlines and budgets
- Keep up-to-date with latest industry thinking
- Be responsible for own project profitability
- Ensure compliance with company policies and registrations/QA/IIP etc
- Promote the business to clients and other professionals.
- Identify training requirements for self.
- Ensure site risk assessments and CDM designer risk assessments are completed for allocated projects.
If you feel as if you have the ability and the desire to excel within a position like this. Please do not hesitate, get in contact with me immediately!
- London (London, England)
- £25 - £40 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs