Day Rate / Salary: Negotiable (DOE)
My client, are a leading independent M&E building services company. They offer a diverse specialise across various departments, allowing them to offer their clients a fully turnkey service. They have extensive experience in delivering complex, high value service installations, increasingly based on design & build and partnering arrangements.
The Electrical Estimator will prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for my client’s projects to aid management in bidding on or determining price of service. Also, to assist in the evaluation of project risk factors and commercial opportunities arising from new and existing bids and maintaining communication with all stakeholders internally and externally.
You will report to the Head of Estimating and work with a team of Electrical Estimators of all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the full extent of the client’s enquiry. Take responsibility for Document Checklist.
- Quantify the extent of the works involved.
- Produce accurate take off and measure for tenders to ensure the prime cost of the project is fully understood.
- Review commercial/ technical risks associated with enquiries to find the best solution.
- Vet enquiries allocated in order to comply with the preparation and dispatch of accurate supplier/subcontract enquiries to the timescales dictated.
- Working with technical experts, assess quotations with a view to validating the information received.
- Take responsibility prior to settlement meetings to check accuracy of the information presented.
- Identify potential risks/ opportunities within the scope of enquiries received.
- Identify third party requirements, internal or external, to ensure all information is collated in respect of enquiries.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering (or similar field of study and/or trade experience as time-served electrician, electrical technician or similar.
- Formal estimating experience on industrial projects.
- Strong maths and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can read and understand schematic and design drawings.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong time management skills
- Good IT computer skills and the ability to read drawings and schedules.
- Critical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Problem solving.
- Presentation skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £300 - £350 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs