Estimating Co- Ordinator/Administrator – Essex- Perm – £30000
I am working with an M&E Building Services Contractor In the London market, they are a medium sized contractor that are looking to grow there estimating department. This role is a really important role within the department. We are looking to recruit a person that is forward thinking, passionate and has motivation. It would be a preference that this person would come from a Building Services background and an understanding of Estimating.
Co-ordination / Administration
- Take delivery of all new opportunities, create the relevant job folders and update estimate logs.
- Carry out initial review of documents and pull out the important information such as programme dates, contracts, job scopes, return information (form 047). Check all information has been received.
- Confirm with relevant parties that the job is to be priced.
- Provide an estimating pack to the guys including all drawings etc to enable them to price effectively.
- Add the job in to Trello and allocate the relevant estimators to complete their necessary tasks.
- Regular check ins with the guys to confirm we are on target to achieve deadlines.
- Set review dates with ADs / PMs and book meetings to confirm this is complete.
- Set final commercial review dates with CE/ADs and book meetings to confirm this is completed.
- Produce Bid Approval form and obtain sign offs from relevant departments/ADs.
- Quality check all tenders being issued prior to being released – ensure all information required by the client is included.
- Set deadlines and chase the guys to deliver!!!
Estimating and Progression
- Assist estimators with tenders to help build knowledge of estimating process and technical aspects.
- Chase sub-contractors and suppliers for quotations and issue forms of enquiry – ensure they are returned and signed.
- Better buying and value engineering on projects.
- Assist in the production of an approved suppliers list and the onboarding of new suppliers.
- Carry out take offs, measurements and get training on countfire software.
- Training on Cypher software to assist in creation of new estimates.
- Potential to move in to estimating/procurement of suppliers/buying
- Weekly/monthly reports showing what has been priced/status of tenders/ pipeline of works – present at the weekly sales meeting.
- Monthly reports on any projects lost/won and feedback.
- Monthly reports detailing where we are making good money, who are our good clients, who do we not do so well with etc.
- Collate information about how the enquiries are being received (BDM / AD Relationships / Website / Calls).
Energi People are the leading experts in M&E Quantity Surveying Recruitment. https://energi.uk.com/recruitment/quantity-surveyor-recruitment/
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Loughton (Essex, England)
- £25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs