Fabrication Fit – Out Contract Manager – Fabric – M&E Contractor – Slough
One of our major clients is currently looking to recruit a Fabric Contracts Manager to join their team
The estates team on site consists of around 20 staff and this role will be reporting directly into the Project Director.
It will also be responsible for managing the delivery of various fabric projects and to liaise with the internal project teams, client project teams and external contractors.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the timely execution and completion of all projects and ongoing works as defined by the client whilst working within budgets and agreed timescales.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Management of overdue works.
- Prepare quotes for additional works.
- Liaise with clients regional surveyor team.
- Work with account manager in managing suppliers.
- Manage delivery of planned project works.
- Successfully lead meetings with both clients and contractors.
- Secure new business using consistent best practice standards and maintaining close business relationships with existing/potential clients, relevant contractors and suppliers.
- Development of excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Operate within annual budgets.
- Provide input into the development of the building maintenance forward plan keeping in mind all future and existing project works.
- Advise other members of the Project Team of changes in materials and products that may be beneficial in terms of improved service levels or provide cost reduction.
- Identify additional work that could provide improvements for the client.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Trade qualification.
- Building Fabric/Trade background.
- Ideally based in the Kent area.
- Experience of having operated successfully within an outsourced integrated facilities project management environment.
- Knowledge of CAD and similar project management systems.
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification.
- Experience in specification writing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred.
- Previous experience of managing fabric based projects.
- Able to deliver quotes and survey.
- Financial acumen.
- Positive, proactive approach to work and able to work own initiative and as part of a larger team.
- Significant hands-on contract and project management delivery within occupied environments.
- IT Literate using MS office (High level of skill required).
- Good communication and organisational ability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Slough (Berkshire, England)
- £250 - £260 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 12 Months
Contract Job Duration
- Building Services Construction Jobs