As an organisation they are the UK’s biggest independent specialist geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy, delivering leading edge services for a wide range of clients. They provide advice and design solutions on a broad range of ground-related issues, working directly with site developers or their design and construction teams.
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Experience in preparing health and safety documentation
- Ability to prepare technical reports including desk studies and ground investigation
- Technical reports including geotechnical recommendations for slopes, foundations, retaining structures and earthworks is required and human health, groundwater and gas risk
- Experience of using Eurocodes to design piles, piled walls, foundations, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Familiarity with the use of WALLAP and Oasys software including PDISP and SLOPE, competent/expert user of Excel or similar programmes
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sector Qualifications & Requirements:
- A degree in civil engineering with a geotechnical component and/or a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology.
- Experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK.
- Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers, Geological Society of London or appropriate professional body. The company can also boast a multitude of awards such as Winner of the Consulting Firm of the Year and are recognised as Outstanding by Sunday Times Best Companies.If you would like to apply for this role then please respond to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or alternatively please contact Laura S at Energi People.
- The company offers professional, award winning technical training programmes with routes to chartership with the Geological Society, the Institution of Civil Engineers and Society for the Environment. After chartership,
- Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design would be a benefit and excellent report writing skills will be required.
- Bristol (Bristol, England)
- £22000 - £30000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Junior / Graduate
- Geotechnical Engineering Jobs