Our clients department is hugely affected by EU Exit: it influences around 80% of our work, whilst some 25% of all EU legislation relates to the companies policy areas.
They have a Cloud First strategy and as a result have decided to build a Cloud Service Centre, which will be responsible for the delivery of all Cloud Services. The services which underpin the EU Exit delivery strategy are running on Microsoft Azure, which is one of the platforms supported by the Cloud Service Centre. The vacancy of Head of Cloud Service Centre will lead this function and all other Cloud related delivery services within the organisation.
This role is a leadership role, which will require the post-holder to demonstrate exceptional leadership as well as deep and wide-ranging technical skills in delivery, management and strategic direction setting of Cloud Services.
The post-holder will be required to develop, grow and lead the centre of excellence within the organisation of an area which is technically challenging and fast moving. The spread of Cloud services, encompassing EU Exit systems and other platforms which are key to the ability of the Group, and its end-users to perform every day activities, means that the post holder will be accountable for a wide range of services which are at the very heart of the companies IT provision.
- Reporting to the Director of Group Infrastructure and Operations, the role will be responsible for establishing and leading a new Cloud Service Centre, which will deliver, co-ordinate and carry out the activities and processes required to deliver and manage Cloud services at agreed levels to business users and customers.
- There application delivery is entirely dependent upon the Cloud Service Centre: the post-holder leads and has accountability for the delivery of services within the Cloud Service Centre. Therefore this is a pivotal role in supporting EU Exit both during the provisioning phase and beyond.
- The post-holder will provide the necessary environment to facilitate the implementation of the new operating model for the Cloud Service Centre and to align it to the new Service Management Operating Model policy and processes. In addition the post-holder will champion the introduction and development of agile processes to align with the Service Management Operating Model.
- The post holder will lead a highly technical team which is fully accountable for the effective delivery and development of Cloud services within the organisation. The post requires strong leadership skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure; the capability to lead and motivate people across different locations; and proven experience of IT incident management.
- The post-holder will work with Architects and business stakeholders to develop technology roadmaps, including the evaluation of automation tools, products and technology to support recommendations relating to the Cloud lifecycle, improvement and standardization strategies.
- The post-holder will keep up to date with industry trends, and challenge teams and suppliers to ensure that maintenance schedules and the technology landscape reflect industry best practice and best value for the Authority. They are leading the way in the development and implementation of Cloud services within Government, the post-holder will be expected to work across Government groups to share knowledge and best practice.
- Leading a team required to provide 24×7 technical response to service affecting Cloud incidents, the post requires a strong technical understanding of the Cloud platforms to be able to deal with escalations and make judgement calls to support the team. The post holder will be the senior most point of technical escalation within the company for Cloud Services and must have a deep technical understanding of the services which will underpin all Cloud delivery.
This will be a 24×7 role with the role holder expected to take part in out of hours Executive level decision making.
- Reading (Berkshire, England)
- £700 - £900 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 5 months
Contract Job Duration
- IT Project Manager Jobs