Head of Cyber Operations- up to £95,000 – Hampshire
SC Cleared/ SC Clearable
Would you like to take on a new opportunity to design and establish a Cyber Operations Team?
Does the opportunity to build an IT Security team from scratch sound like your next career move?
Working in a leadership role you will be responsible for managing the team from both a technical & people management perspective.
You will support the organisation with the definition and implementation of the respective IT Security strategies and priorities, including Security Culture, Risk Management, Cyber Defence and Assessments.
Your main responsibilities as a Head of Cyber Operations will involve:
- Define, develop, and establish the Cyber Operations team and specifically the Security Operations Centre (SOC) on a strategic, operational and tactical level, to deliver a protective monitoring capability, as part of a global operating model
- Provide continuous evolution of capabilities for the Cyber Operations team that will require international travel
- Utilise experience and expertise to choose and enhance the people, process and technologies/tools to be used within theCyber Operations team.
- Ensure designed processes and policies within Cyber Operations are implemented, operationally effective and adhered to, incorporating Incident Response, Business Continuity & Crisis Management
- Responsibility for and first point of call for all identified cybersecurity threats, with experience performing triage and remediation of incidents
- Provide key Cyber intelligence to the business on a proactive and reactive basis
Your skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in leading/managing and supporting operational Cyber Security teams.
- Programming and scripting skills in C++, Perl, Python, PHP
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with HMG and Academia entities on Cyber
- Demonstrable research, design and implementation of monitoring, sandboxing and/or reactive technologies
- Good knowledge of HMG and industry policy, standards and good practice guidance; and their application to a variety of IT
- Broad knowledge of application, infrastructure and security technologies and familiarity with the principles of secure design and configuration.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent worked experience) preferably in a related discipline
- Achieved Certifications to include: CISSP, CISM, GIAC. Desirable, but not essential: OSCP
- Expert in the following capabilities:-
- TCP/IP and other Internet protocols
- APT threats, their tactics, techniques and procedures
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Packet level analysis
- Malware reverse engineering
- Compromised host forensics
- Log analysis from a wide variety of sources
- SOC toolset exploitation
Job posted in: Security Cleared IT Security Manager Jobs
- Hampshire (Hampshire, England)
- £90000 - £95000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared IT Security Manager Jobs