A Head of Fire Engineering is required to lead a well-established team of Fire Consultants on all aspects of fire engineering. They are frequently fortunate to work with leading global architects who expect creativity and problem solving to achieve innovative yet safe solutions.
Based in the London office, this represents an excellent opportunity for an individual at a senior level who is looking for the next challenge in developing their career in fire consultancy, or an individual who already has experience of leading a team of consultants. The individual must be well known and regarded in the field of fire engineering.
The team includes both fire engineering consultants and fire protection systems designers which enables them to offer complete solutions to thier clients and the successful individual would work alongside those members of the team responsible for the engineering design of fire protection systems.
The Head of Fire Enginering should have experience in all aspects of fire engineering consultancy, including;
- Providing their wide range of clients with fire consultancy services and associated reporting, presentations and management information;
- Delivery of fire risk assessments and preparation of fire evacuation plans across a variety of sectors
- Delivery of fire consultancy, fire strategies and design reviews for new construction projects and refurbishments including consideration of;
- Passive fire protection methods
- Smoke control systems
- Computational fluid dynamic analysis
- Evacuation modelling
- Fire suppression systems
- Delivery of fire management audits of client properties by reviewing evidence which demonstrates compliance;
- Assisting in the development of further Fire related opportunities through technical articles, speaking opportunities and bid support;
- Possible support to international projects may arise.
- Knowledge of structural fire engineering solutions and NFPA Codes would be considered advantageous
The individual shall have;
- A passion for creative and intuitive design
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- The ability and desire to develop new business for the team as over 50% of the groups work is directly won work
- Strong client management skills
- The ability to represent the company at external events and speaking opportunities
- Be Degree or Master qualified in a relevant fire engineering subject
This position is available due to the retirement of the existing head of the team and represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate who wishes to develop their career.
Job posted in: Fire Engineering Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £60000 - £80000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Fire Engineering Jobs