Role Overview and responsibilities
This is a Senior Technical role within the Service Teams and you will be expected to provide the following:
* Providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
* Providing post install and snagging support.
* High level Technical Support to the Service Department.
* Providing basic training documentation on new products
* Providing Training and Support to all Service Teams.
* Providing documentation and processes to improve how the Service Desk support our products.
* Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7 day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
* Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
* Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
* 2-3 years IT experience required
* Experience supporting IT systems to a high level preferred but not required in retail or fuel POS/BOS/EFT systems.
* Windows 7/10 Support
* Any knowledge of embedded Windows 7 or IOT Windows 10 would be beneficial
* Windows Active Directory/domain experience
* Experience installing Windows updates (Windows 7/10)
* Experience setting up and or using Centralised Antivirus Software.
* Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
* A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN,Firewalls,TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
* Knowledge of basic Sql scripting would be beneficial
* Solid troubleshooting skills.
* Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI:DSS, ITIL)
Helpdesk Hours of Cover are 24 hours with manned office, you will be expected to ensure you are able to support these hours on a rota’d basis
Job posted in: Desktop Support Jobs
- Southampton (Hampshire, England)
- £28000 - £30000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Desktop Support Jobs