Junior IT Support Engineer – Reading (Some UK Travel) – up to £22,000 per annum
Candidates will be required to undergo full UK SC Clearance for this position
Our client is a UK Leading cyber security organisation who are currently looking for a conscientious, determined individual with a thirst for knowledge looking to develop and expand their IT skills in the arena!
This is the perfect opportunity for those with a strong technical support grounding to work for an organisation who will develop them internally and allow them to get that first step up into the Cyber arena.
As the Junior IT Support Engineer you will support the IT Systems Manager with day to day issues and some project work. Your responsibilities will be to help and support users with queries and problems across the business with Hardware, Software, and Microsoft Office, deployment of new systems and setup of new and existing users.
Responsibilities will include:
- First line of support for all users, providing general hardware and software support (Mac OSX, IOS and Windows 10) to employees
- Respond to and log telephone, email and slack support requests, escalating issues as required. Follow up on all calls where applicable.
- Create user accounts, manage permissions and passwords.
- Escalation of support requests to other channels (including liaising with equipment vendors and external IT support partners) where necessary/appropriate
- Provision of IT equipment, accounts and permissions for new employees, including installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems and applications, following IT policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and maintenance of office and business infrastructure, including support of hardware and software for servers, cloud infrastructure, network devices and office equipment, such as printers and multi-functional devices
- Minimum of 12 months of previous IT work experience
- Good working knowledge of Mac and PC systems, Windows 10 setup and administration
- Basic network understanding TCP/IP, networking protocols
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively in a positive and confident manner
- Diagnosing and solving hardware and software incidents
- Organised, with ability to prioritise issues and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail, combined with proactive approach to problem solving.
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and learning new subject matter.
- Car owner with a full driving license – essential for customer and various site travel
- Reading (Berkshire, England)
- £20000 - £22000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Junior / Graduate
- Security Cleared Desktop Support Jobs